[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]As the society evolves from a primitive to a highly industrialized one, so does our methods and ways of life transform.
Industrialization has made people to continually look for better methods of doing virtually everything. The drive to continually improve gave birth to the internet which made eCommerce websites available to us.
An eCommerce (electronic commerce) website as the name implies is a website designed with the sole aim of facilitating sales and purchases of goods and services over an electronic medium (the internet). An eCommerce store can be an online retail store, auction sites, business-to-business site, business-to-customer sites or a media sales site.
Unlike a regular website, an eCommerce website gives consumers the chance to make purchases online or pay on delivery. It also has a shopping cart (open/close) software, around-the-clock customer support service, and its website images are properly optimized so as to avoid having a slow or unresponsive website.
An eCommerce website undoubtedly increases sales by giving the owner the opportunity to sell to customers beyond the immediate geographical boundary, provides cheap and efficient marketing options and also increases the business customer base when it is Search Engine Optimized.
For the customers, it provides them the ample opportunity to make purchases from their home without having to queue or go through the other hassles of trade.
Regardless of the countless benefits associated with having an eCommerce website, it is pertinent for us to know that the owner and prospective customer might not be able to access these opportunities if certain features are not considered while planning for an eCommerce website. Below are some of the important features a website to look out for:
1. A good shopping cart tool: They are two types of shopping cart tools (open source and closed source). Depending on your requirements and budget, both types are good and reliable. A good shopping cart tools on your website will help you store product information and ease customers’ shopping experience.
2. Using a proper hosting server: Regardless of your intention to reduce eCommerce website cost, shared hosting (which is the cheapest) should not be an option if your intention is to maximize the opportunities of an eCommerce website. This is because shared hosting put as many as possible website onto a single server. As a result, your website takes longer than usual to load and research has proven that customers will rather use an alternate website than wait for your website to load.
3. Get a highly secured Payment gateway: A payment gateway is one of the most important features of an eCommerce website. It allows you to process credit card, debit card and other card-less forms of payment. The payment gateway performs other functions like initiating refunds when the transaction does not go through and it also performs some anti-fraud checks on the user. It is advisable to have varieties of payment gateway as this gives the customers multiple payment options.
4. Having a responsive website: Research has proven that there is an increase in the number of buyers who make purchases on their mobile phone. Having an eCommerce website that is highly responsive will go a long way in reducing the bounce rate and in return increase sales.
5. Fuse an option for customer review: Due to the general skepticism people share about online trading, reviews of the previous buyer will go a long way in convincing new clients about the genuineness of the product.
The aforementioned might have proven to us that website design project especially that of eCommerce will be expensive. However, eBrand Promotion which has carried out several website design project has several good packages that are cost-friendly.
Have a question about your web design project? Call E-Brand Promotion and our web development team will help you every step of the way from conceptualizing the idea to design and full implementation.
CALL NOW! +2348105882416, or email firstname.lastname@example.org